SKSA Youth Baseball » Metro Baseball » Getting Started in Metro Baseball
Getting Started in Metro Baseball
What is Metro baseball?
Metro baseball is the recreational level of play at SKSA. Players are registered individually and the league forms the rosters based on their age group and by considering the player's school, subdivision, and general area. Our "Metro" coaches are volunteers from our community and they establish their own practice times and locations. Games are played Monday through Thursday and on Saturdays. Some double headers may be scheduled for weekends. Weekday games are scheduled for 6:00 PM or 8:00 PM for ages 9-14, 6:00 PM or 7:30 PM for ages 5-8. Saturday games are scheduled throughout the day. Rain out games are rescheduled for Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. SKSA rules require minimum playing time for each player. Any "Metro" team enjoying a certain level of success together will either be reclassified as "Select" or be dissolved the next season to maintain as level competition as possible.
The Metro program does provide the opportunity for friends to play together through a couple of options. For the group of a couple of players you can simply submit a "friend" or "coach" request in the registration process to request that a player be grouped on a specific team. In most cases these requests are honored but there are some circumstances where SKSA will not be able to fulfill all requests. In addition for larger groups of players wanting to play together there is the "Friendship" team option. This requires the manager to submit a roster of players prior to the season for approval. There are restrictions as to the number of core players a friendship team can have. This is only done to ensure a more even level of competition in the Metro league and prevent "Select" teams from playing in that program. Please review the Friendship Team Guidelines.
How do I get started in Metro baseball at SKSA?
- Simply goto the baseball.sksa.com website and select the Metro information link and check to see when the next season is being played and register your player
- If you want to play with a specific player or coach the registration process will give you the opportunity to request that
- The details for the current season will be posted on the website
- Each season SKSA hosts a manager meeting and team rosters are handed out at that meeting
- Managers will generally contact all players 2-3 days after the managers meeting
For managers, coaches and other parent volunteers:
- If you would like to manage, coach or volunteer for team parent please register using the registration system for the current season.
- SKSA will provide equipment and uniform components for Metro teams (uniform components vary by season)
- Managers need to fill out a Manager Application
- Information for team moms can be found at Team Mom Central
- If you are going to manage Friendship team you will to fill out a friendship roster and submit to your age group VP --> Friendship Roster Form.