Summer League Baseball
The summer league provides a baseball program for players to continue to play over the summer between the normal SKSA fall and spring sessions at a time when many teams and players do not typically play. The summer league has divisions for players from ages 5 to 14.
The main goal of the program is to offer something to keep kids physically active during the summer months and have some fun making new friends and playing some baseball. No standings are kept for this program.
Summer League Updates & News
- 5/6U - No tryouts - Tball only and not modified coach pitch for Summer League only.
- 7/8U - June 14th at 6pm - Field 11
- 9/10U - June 12th at 6pm - Field 3
- 11/12U - June 13th at 6pm - Field 5
- 13/14U - June 13th at 6pm - Field 7
5/6U teams will be built randomly via the Summer League Coordinator.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Summer League Information
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Registration will remain open until June 2nd. Based on registration numbers we may extend a late registration but this is not guaranteed.
- 5/6U - $65 - OPEN
- 7/8U - $85 - OPEN
- 9/10U - $105 - OPEN
- 11/12U - $105 - OPEN
- 13/14U - $105 - OPEN
League Format & Details:
- The format is to offer a very condensed schedule of 10 games for players of all age groups in an open class format (Metro, Select, Elite and Premier all welcome).
- The age groups for summer league will be combined as 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, and 13/14 in order to increase the number of teams per age group.
- Players age division is determined by their age on April 30th the calendar year of the season (same as Spring session)
- All games will be at Rothwood. Most, if not all, practices will also be at Rothwood. Some may be at Klein Park.
- All games will be played in double header format one night per week. One practice per week will also be scheduled by the league.
- Game night will depend on the number of teams in each division. We will try to schedule all for Thursday evenings but may have to adjust for the number of teams. All of each age division will play in one night. For example, as a possibility, all of the 8U division will play on Thursday and 6U division on Wednesday if we have more teams than fields available.
- Games will typically have one umpire
Games will begin the week of June 26th and end by July 28th, weather permitting.
Guidelines for Team Formation:
- All volunteers (managers, coaches, team parents) must register online and complete a background check - NO EXCEPTIONS! → REGISTER
- NOTE: if you have completed a background check for the calendar year you will not be prompted to complete another one
- Managers can freeze 3 core players from current team (manager's player, asst coach player, and one additional player)
- All non-core players will participate in tryouts
- Remaining team spots will be filled from draft at tryouts
- Late sign-ups or players that do not try-out will be placed by the league
Uniforms / Equipment:
- Uniforms will consist of a SKSA Summer League shirt and a team hat
- Players will use their own pants, socks, belts etc.
- Uniforms will be handed out at the first game
- The league will provide standard equipment as with the Fall and Spring seasons
- The league will provide game balls
- Team Sponsorship cost of $150
Please contact the league coordinator with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.